So let me start by saying that I am a very private person. I don’t like sharing information about myself and I am very picky about who I tell anything too. However, Since i’m starting this blog I vowed to be more open to sharing more of myself with you all. These are just some quick tidbits into my life before I start giving advice on how you can live a better life.
1. First things first I am 30 years old, married for 4 years, with no children of my own yet but I have 28 kiddos that call me Mrs. Williams a million times a day. #teacherlife
2. I am an educator and teach 1st grade English Language Arts. Fun fact about this is that I always said I would never become a teacher because it just wasn’t the life for me. However, the big guy must have had other plans because I have been working with children for over 12 years now and across many backgrounds. Teaching in a classroom setting sort of fell in my lap and I have been enjoying it ever since. It pretty much consumes my life at this point and I’m currently working on a good balance for living with all the changes of life.
3. I am a psychology major and I believe wholeheartedly in mental health and protecting my peace. Alot of times people create who they think I am without actually getting to know me. I simply can’t entertain certain behaviors strictly to protect myself.
4. I love disney classic songs and usually listen to them daily! Some of my favorites are “I just can’t wait to be king” from the lion king, “A whole new world” from Aladdin, “Beauty and the beast” from the movie. Now this may seem weird but I actually prefer to listen to the remakes of these songs by various artist like beauty and the beast remake by Ariana Grande and John Legend instead of the original. This has been something that I have carried with me since childhood.
5.I am a PK! For those who don’t know, that means preachers kid! I was raised in the church and I believe wholeheartedly in God but I am also the type of person that respects boundaries and understands that each person has a process. However, your process will not change mine!
6. I am kind of bossy, this is hard to admit so I will just change the terminology for you and say that I am a leader and a go getter. I make things happen and I am a firm believer in the saying “one monkey doesn’t stop the show”. I have many talents and I can sometimes be all over the place when it comes down to expressing them but ultimately I enjoy planning, organizing, teaching, creating, and decorating.
7. Dance was my first love! It has been a quite some time since I have actually choreographed or danced. I am working on getting back to my passion/hobby at the present moment because I believe that some things you can’t let go of and you have to do what makes you happy even if you think you lost it.
So there you have it! A small peek into my life, personality and who I have become. I hope that you will continue to join me on the scary ride of being open about the things I enjoy in hopes of helping you live a better, peaceful, beautiful, elegant yet simple life.